So when does one call a place ‘developed’, ‘civilized’… way ahead of its peers? When it has a lot of industries, cities that can match up to “International” standards, citizens with a ‘high’ standard of living… Is that the criteria?
Well, I was intrigued by a certain comment from our PM Dr. Manmohan Singh… a political comment, no doubt, made on Gujarat, which is ruled by Singh’s nemesis BJP. He said something along the lines of, ‘A state cannot boast itself to be advanced when it fosters communal hatred…’, vote for a person who has (arguably?) been the perpetrator of a gory Hindu-Muslim riot in the state! Well, I had a lot of respect for Dr. Singh from before, but even though realizing fully that it was indeed a political statement, the respect I had for him trebled easily since he mirrored something I believe deeply!
Yeah, I hate a lot of people: George W. Bush (at least he has a sense of humor!), Buddhadeb Bhattacharya (used to like him), Mamata Banerjee (never liked her jumping from party to party; and shrieks), Shah Rukh Khan (newest addition: wish he had bought the Delhi team instead!)… but none I hate (I think) as much as I hate Mr. Modi! I mean, fostering a communal riot!! Are you kidding me? Oh ya, and I hate each and every Gujarati who actually voted him back to power as well! How sick can a person be to vote for someone who is (arguably?) responsible for so many lost lives??
Well, they say, see how he has changed the state of Gujarat! Look how many industries he has brought into the state! Well, BLOW ME!
He’s a goddamn killer (arguably?) who deserves to be behind bars, and where is he now? It’s like… when I laugh at those Americans for calling their nation the greatest even though they let off Nixon so easily, or when I laugh at the fact that they “vote” for their supreme court judges… those judges bring out election campaigns, funded by people (read: organizations) who obviously have their own agenda why they want the person to be a judge in the first place! So much for “Justice”!
But at least most Americans realized (at the end of the day) that Nixon was evil, that Bush was too (evil AND funny! or maybe just stupid!)! But its repulsive how Modi is praised by people and some even refer to him as one of the most successful chief ministers of any state!
People have to be seriously twisted in the head (I know we’re all twisted, but still…) to regard that man as anything but a (*yawn* arguably?) killer!
So much for ‘end justifying means’ crap! Bet Machiavelli would’ve been the Prime Minister had he been living in 2009 in India!
And he just wrote a book and got misinterpreted!
Everyone knows what the ‘M’ of Gujarat is capable of! And again, everyone "misinterprets" him! Stupid irony!
Signing Off,
Disgusted, but firm
-Jagannath!
No comments:
Post a Comment