A "Chilly" tale of "Whisky" and "Poison"!
by Jagannath Chakravarti
It’s almost like it’s been years since I've written anything for my blog! Everything from laziness to scarcity of topics has been responsible for this seeming indifference! But looking back at the past few months, has it really been THAT boring? I mean, I still remember some school months where the routine was something like ‘GET UP-school-CLASSES-home-STUDIES-television-EAT-sleep’ An endless cycle… like a loop in an unassailable algorithm! Well, life is (with all its drawbacks) better than some of those months!
Okay, so I’m missing college… not that I attended the classes anyways, but I miss hanging out with friends every single day! But it kinda renders the days I DO meet with some of them, Special! Then again, I understand ‘special’ now; but ‘special’ is too vague a term especially when your brain is rendered intoxicated by some beverage that you didn’t plan to drink, but it happened anyways!
It also serves for an interesting ‘tale to tell’ (maybe when I’m 60 or something; Right now, it’s still a little… a lot, embarrassing!) when Yours Truly met up with two of his school friends and he wasn’t really ‘normal’ and he kinda behaved weird! But looking back at it, I guess I really (should’ve used upper case there) enjoyed that evening! Okay, it was crazy, but it was fun!
Speaking of fun, how can I forget that ‘stealthily’ watched movie show with a few para pals! I mean, okay, I’m not gonna deny it was mutually ‘my’ idea as well, but we didn’t know that movie would be ‘crap’, did we? So we went to this theater, and it could well have been a haunted house with a few stray folks (Get this: middle aged men sitting isolated) in their seats looking to catch some ‘regional porn’ (AS IF ‘Antarmahal’ isn’t available on DVD… but maybe they fear their wives at home or something!) on the big screen! Okay, so ‘Bissh’ was garbage in the guise of a movie, could well have been worse than Dostana… or maybe not. Anyways, I hate to say we got lured by the ‘hard-hitting’ taglines and tricked (once again, WHEN WILL I LEARN??) by stupid movie-reviewers who should sell rotten tomatoes which I would then chuck at them! But then, why was it fun? Fun was when, we were actually making fun of those ‘starved’ viewers without bothering to lower our voices; fun was when, during intermission, some of my friends were finding it too much to sit still in their seats… they just wanted to get the hell outta that theatre! But hey, I sat through Dostana, right? So I kinda made ‘em sit through the 2nd half as well… boy I regret that now!
And apart from these two slightly Schadenfreudic incidents, there was yesterday… If yesterday hadn’t occurred, I wouldn’t have known the sensation of feeling like I’m in Kashmir in bloody December inside a shopping mall! So my uncle wanted some cold coffee while we waited for a cousin of ours to show up! And so we walked into CCD and I ordered the mother of all cold coffees, laced with everything from a vanilla ice-cream, whipped cream on top of it and chocolate syrup (yummy!) And by the time we finished the whole thing, we couldn’t wait to get out of the air-conditioning! We were literally trembling from the inside; the palms of our hands were red. I badly rued the fact that I hadn’t brought my jacket along… but then, on second thoughts, I wasn’t INSANE enough to carry a jacket with me in the month of April!
We relaxed in the soothing warmth of the twilight outside for some time, until the soothing warmth turned into ‘WTF! Its hot!’ and we retreated into the mall! Saw 8x10 Tasveer, just loved it!
So a boring phase of life with some decent intermissions of its own! Like Saturday’s rendezvous with some fellow ‘Orkut-ians’ and our BIIIG Feluda Plans! Like a pleasant surprise that I did comparatively well in my ‘Selection’ tests, which means others aren’t ahead of me after all… which in turns means that when I waste weeks and weeks not ‘touching’ a single book in my syllabus… I wouldn’t be feeling as guilty as I otherwise would’ve!
So let’s drink (Pepsi) to a boring life interspersed with lovely little distractions until life picks up again, hopefully in a few months… and then I’ll be blogging on How cruel a ‘fast’ and ‘busy’ life is! A Hypocrite if there ever was one!
Signing Off,
-Jagannath! (Jesse)
No comments:
Post a Comment