What can you do when the only thing that’s left for you to do is lie down on a comfortable bed and have a nice day’s nap? Well, being a mathematical genius that I am, I figured out a long time ago that we spend 1/3 of our lives sleeping. What a complete waste! It’s almost scientifically proven. Most people sleep for eight hours a day, at least they try to do so. It’s a fact that our body requires a decent amount of sleep to function optimally, but eight hours is one-third of the day… and before we know it, we end up spending 1/3 of our life in la-la land.
As I struggle to think what I’d be writing in this paragraph, I’m barely stifling a monstrous yawn that is threatening to drag me into la-la land without my consent. And it’s four in the afternoon. After all, like everything in life like love, accidents, unwanted pregnancy (a little humor hurt no one… so those who have suffered an unwanted pregnancy, please don’t take offence) and of course, death…comes without the prior consent of the receiver. The process is a lot like the bills we have to pay. They don’t come with your permission, but you gotta pay them. God operates in the same manner, and we’re the humble followers of Lord Almighty.
Before I turn into a faith-lecturing, demi-god (the term sucks) freak and before I pull off a Houdini trick and make you all slumber in front of your computer screens, I just want to tell you that sleep is something that is really causing me a lot of trouble in these past couple of months. It’s not that I don’t sleep eight hours a day (sometimes, I make it a nine or ten). It’s the fact that sleep doesn’t come easily. And not because I’m concerned about something… which is the cause of insomnia in most cases. An exception of this can be Enrique Iglesias… I wonder why he calls his new album “Insomniac”. Why would Enrique lose sleep? He’s got a hit song, best selling record, babes to hang out with 24/7… Anyway, coming back to me (after all, it’s my blog) why would I lose sleep? (not technically correct, I make up for the lost late hours in the morning, waking up at 10!!!) I don’t give a damn about much in this world, even though I have my share of problems too. From money, education… her… I have a lot to worry about as well. But somehow, all I end up doing on those sleepless nights is turn from this side to that… looking at the dark sky, text messaging friends who are probably having a nice dream about some exotic island, beach… Lindsay Lohan… (Wait, isn’t that my dream?)
The reason why I wanted to write this down was I wanted to find out for myself why I hadn’t been sleeping sooner in these past months. The situation was, I was actually having a decent six hours sleep everyday… with the bedtime being 11… and the wake-up time being 5! After waking up at 5, I used to go for a morning walk… and you CANNOT have a better start to the day. But since I lost the habit of going for morning walk… and don’t ask me why, it’s a long story involving a fiery young lady, attack of the obesity monster and the triumph of desperation over sanity… my routine got ruined as the fiery young lady left the scene. Since then, I have been suffering from this problem of mine. I’m wasting 1/3 of my life, and I’m not much happy either. So I’d appreciate if someone can please suggest a natural remedy to this problem… if you’re not suffering from it yourself!
Now the real reason why I wrote this long piece of garbage! I had nothing to do, had a spare half-an-hour… and I said to myself… WHAT THE HECK! But trust me, everything I said is true (well, almost everything)… and I WOULD appreciate a helping hand. Until we meet someday in a dream we all might be having simultaneously (something nice… like making our planet pollution free)… have a nice time!
Signing off,
Jesse (Jagannath… that’s me!)
No comments:
Post a Comment