ABBREVIATION
Abbreviate my feelings… abbreviate my emotions…
Abbreviate this time so that it stops being so damn long…
Curtail the wistful stares of truth that threatens to rip me apart,
Whenever I think of those pretty pair of eyes…
The eyes that I once thought were mine…
But now I know how wrong I was.
Abridge the wraths of my destiny…
Like one might abridge the offensive portions from a book,
After all, my life has become a story book as well.
One that I author… I’m the hero… and in the end…
I end up erasing the portions that I thought I would cherish for the rest of my life.
I am abridging my life…
I made a resolution… a mental note…
Never to write a poem for another girl again…
But I guess I screwed that promise…
Well, guess what???
I don’t think I care no more…
As I find out… to my disgust… I just wrote another poem for that same girl…
No comments:
Post a Comment