I JUST MURDERED A VISIONARY
A venerated visionary… a celebrated soul…
People call him the messiah of the poor…
People call him the savior of the masses, the one! The absolute one!
Well, it’s not the first time people have been wrong about someone!
People were wrong about the Nazis,
People were wrong about Stalin, Roosevelt…
People are wrong about Bush…
They weren’t wrong…
The celebrated names I’ve quoted right here!
After all, they were visionaries!
With massive impairment of vision!
That’s why they’re called visionaries, right?
So, that’s not their fault, is it?
I really think it’s kind of our fault that we let them see the future for us!
And more so, when we begin to dream the way they tell us to…
Hey, that reminds me… I had a dream last night…
Our world’s on the verge of a much-anticipated nuclear holocaust!
The people were so excited… it was as if their coveted dreams had come true… at last!
The sponsors were displaying their names on the tanks and ammunitions that would blow some fateful city into pieces…
The reporters were ready… so were the television channels… and the commentators…
Who were ready to give a blow by blow account… of who destroyed whom.
But who would listen to those excited pundits?
Who would live to listen to their tales of how humans erased so many phrases from their dictionaries?
Like love, peace… and most prominently, humanity!
I shudder when I’m reminded of this horrific dream…
But I can’t deny it’s a dream that has a big chance of being fulfilled, sometime in the future…
I thank god I’m not a visionary…
Because… I guess my vision (nightmare) of the future is not very promising after all!
Well, if you ask me, that’s not a reason for much worry, is there?
Coz as you know, I’m not a visionary!
Because if I had been one, you would’ve known me…
If I had been one,
You would’ve followed me… you would’ve learnt to think like me.
You would’ve learnt to love me… you would’ve learnt to think of me as a redeemer…
And someone like me would’ve killed that visionary…
So guess what? I just killed the visionary inside me!
Hope the visionaries would do the same!
No comments:
Post a Comment