Thursday, August 16, 2007

MY LOVE

MY LOVE

I’ve been looking for you in the shadows,
I’ve been dreaming about you in the nights.
You never told me you’d be there,
But I was sure that I was right…
I was flying, flying through an endless journey,
That threatened to be a never-ending one.
It was nerve-wracking, to say the least
And I was glad when it ended.
I found myself staring at an image…
An image that kindled a myriad of emotions in my heart…
There were too many… all at once… and I was drowning,
Not able to distinguish love from despair,
Not able to untangle jealousy from satisfaction…
I was a loser…
I was born a loser…
To be tossed over and laughed at by the emotions inside me when I was confused.
I couldn’t give it a rest…
Believe me, I tried… I tried my very best to forget…
Not care any more…
She was out of my reach…
She was way too fine…
She was a goddess…
And all I was fit for was to be a humble servant at her feet…
With the feeling of incomprehensible love came the realization…
The feeling of despair that took over when I realized she could never be mine.
At the same time, I was jealous…
Jealous of her countless admirers who were, seemingly, better than me!
In what ways, I know not!
I could never find out, and I didn’t care!
I was satisfied… I was satisfied being the person who loved her the most.
I knew it deep down, I knew I was right!
Quite suddenly, it seemed… the world stopped spinning…
The image in front of me came to life…
But the animated admirers guarding her until now froze…
It was a dream… it had to be one.
But I wasn’t sure… like I’m not with most things in life.
She walked up to me, her bright, hazel eyes poring into mine…
Her lips were framing some words…
But I couldn’t hear them…
She was leading me into a trance… she was an illusionist…
Quoting some other poor lover… she was a mystery to me!
The magic intensified when she touched my lips…
With her long finger, and smiled at me in her oh-so-amazing-way…
I couldn’t breathe… I could feel life leaving me,
In a moment of unbound joy and happiness…
Was this how death felt like??
But it’s so beautiful… this feeling can’t be death… I must be wrong this time!And indeed I was… like I was every single time…
She was nobody… she was just a figment of my imagination…
She was a shadow… a shadow of someone who never existed…
She was a dream… that was born in a lone corner of my mind…
But in the end… true love triumphed…
I became one with her…
In a true fairy-tale styled ending,
We went on to live happily ever after…
In the end, it was way too simple for me,
Because in reality, I never existed either.

No comments: