SOMETIMES I WISH…
Have you ever wished that you were numb?
That you were oblivious to the feelings that troubled you so much…
That Lethe should’ve flowed out to the earth as well…
Its waters calming your troubled soul like a soothing balm…
I have no idea what the ultimate truth of life is…
And quite frankly, I don’t give a damn.
All I want is a little peace, a drop of bliss…
That I have craved all my life…
Like a dead father’s soul searches for his long lost son.
Sometimes I wish I was never the person that I am…
Couldn’t I have a simple life… the simplest conceivable.
I could be a simple village boy in the old English Country,
Whose life was the cattle and the merchant’s girl…
A sweet love story brimming in a cauldron of joy…
I would’ve liked that…
Or I could be the lonely boatman,
Sailing the rivers of Bengal…
All the while humming sweet tunes to the stars above…
I would fancy being the vagabond,
Who lives his life as it comes,
Through the deep valleys and the towns of life…
Soaked in the spirit of wanderlust.
I envy them… envy those who are thus.
No comments:
Post a Comment