STUCK IN A MOMENT
I’m fed up, I’m tired…
Tired of this constant bickering, relentless tedium,
That threatens to push me into a black hole of its own.
I love to live in my own world,
A world that I seldom let anyone infringe upon,
A world that belongs to me, myself and I.
There are three permanent residents,
Guests are not shunned out, but they’re definitely not welcome 24/7,
You got to take prior permission,
Written, if possible, to visit my world…
I’m tired of the outside world…
Really, I am so tired; I can’t even describe it…
I’ve got this hollow feeling inside me,
That I’m sure has nothing to do with this sucking heart,
That has got all its feelings messed up,
Strewn across like the pieces of a broken mirror,
In a garbage dump.
I’m lying in a heap…
And even now, when I’m resting peacefully in my own little world,
I can hear the world outside,
Screaming at me for apparently forgetting the “real” world.
But I’m not sure,
Which world is real?
Is it the one that is trying to push me so much,
So that I fall off the cliff of sanity,
Or the one that soothes me,
Calms me with a maiden’s soft smile???
I do not know… I’m confused…
I’m stuck in a moment…
A surreal continuum of despair…
I’m afraid I had no idea
That life would be like this,
But indeed I was wrong,
I have been wrong all my life.
Come to think of it… what is life???
And how do I know what it is at a meager age of 19?
Which one’s real?
And which one’s a dream???
Which one’s the truth?
And which one’s a figment of my imagination???
I don’t know…
But someday, I intend to find out.
No comments:
Post a Comment