Thursday, January 31, 2008

MUSINGS #1

It’s a wonder what a sudden spate of bad mood can do to you. And the ways that one adopts to get out of it. For me, a lot of things work. Something distracting, like writing a stupid blog for instance (like I’m doing right now.). Or listening to music… not on some flashy 5.1 multimedia speakers and woofer system (incidentally, I own a 2.1), I need a good old headphone. A headphone that pours amazingly numbing music when I need it, at a paralyzing volume, without the knowledge of anyone who might be around me at that time. It works too well. About the kind of music, this is the time you thank all those coke-smoking rockstars, for making the music they make. From the likes of Iron Maiden, Bon Jovi, GnR to modern day Evanescence or even Kelly Clarkson, even though she’s known as a popstar. Her ‘Breakaway’ always gets me going. It’s amazing what your own imagination can do to distract you. You can fly away to places you’ve never even imagined before within the blink of an eye. You can be with someone you know you’ll never be with, you can be with her as long as it doesn’t start choking the life out of you. You can dream of a good life, of a success you never thought was within your reach. Again, these thoughts can be intoxicating when reality attacks you like a 100-foot wave in the ocean attacks a lost vessel.
Musing’s magical… I already feel better…
(01/20/08)

No comments: