Tuesday, January 1, 2008

UNPLEASANT

I dunno what exactly is forcing me to write this blog. Maybe it is the incredulity of the entire situation that surfaced before me quite unexpectedly (or was it unexpected at all?). It is this man, who has a wife and a child, who has a decent income to his credit, has had a couple of rather illicit affairs in the past with women he shouldn’t have fallen for (all that was before his marriage), has now the most troubled marriage one can imagine, and now… he’s actually chasing girls all over again, and he’s quite proud of that little piece of information, which he divulged to me and his closest friends, I expect!

The above lines must have convinced you that he’s the most horrible person you can meet, but truth is… he’s a great person. And I can vouch for it any day, any place you tell me to. So why is he like that? Yes, his wife isn’t the best wife one can have. I’m a hardcore believer in love marriage and would love to blame it all in the stupidity of the institution of arranged marriage, but I guess something like that would be like a lame excuse! Thing is, the problem, I think, lies deep down. Yes, the wife is troublesome, and he’s been advised, time and time again, to leave her! But would that solve his problems?

Let’s begin with the question… why is his wife troublesome? Maybe coz he never loved her… yes, I know for a fact that he never loved her… but I don’t know if she had given it her best shot either! Rumors say that the wife often beats him up and he (even) tried to commit suicide once. But they’re still together. But I’m sure he’ll never leave her, because of the child… and also because she’ll never let him leave her!

So has he chosen to chase other girls as a way of revenge? Probably. So that’ll mean he’s sure that their marriage isn’t going to work out. Come to think of it, maybe he was sure of it since the very beginning! Trust me, I tried to dissuade him when he went forward with his decision to marry, but he…

It’s no business of mine to ponder over his life… but frankly, I’m concerned for him. He has either become half-dead or half-desperate from the inside… I don’t know what! From the outside though, he’s still the same! He’s a closed book… and problem is, even if I want to, I can’t read it! I just hope I get a chance to read it… before it’s all over…

Signing off,
-Jesse (Jagannath)

No comments: