Hark! Listen carefully to the stillness of the dark
Rising within like a raging inferno daring me to sleep…
But I’m not in need of a blazing ball of fire,
Because I’m forced to stay awake all night--- it’s you who’s done this to me.
Time goes by like a serpentine silhouette of a faceless murderer…
It knows what’s going on inside me- & can predict every move I make,
I’m vulnerable, I’m battered… I’m tired- I want to sleep…
But alas, more than me and my loneliness here are at stake.
The fear… the fear of a faceless future… & the vibrantly listless past
Are perhaps more daunting than the tangled webs of my stifled dreams…
Dreams I fear of dreaming, dreams way more scary than nightmares,
Dreams that I cherish… every moment and every dying second of them…
Dreams that are promising… whispering music in my ears.
Music of hope, music of love… music merrier than the Messiah’s words,
Music that is killing, as they are all lies… lies and wishes…
The wishes of my hopeful heart… it’s naïve, it’s hopelessly cursed.
The curse of a forsaken wonder, the curse of the fruitless dice of fate…
Curse of her sweet smile, and the twinkle of her merciless eyes,
The curse of a future, holding me ransom to my heart, to the 1 of love and the 6 of hate…
Either I get it all, or lose everything--- it’s as simple as that.
The anticipation of expressing, letting it all out at last!
With the dwindling hope of reciprocation, however unlikely it might be…
On the other hand, the prospect of losing it all, the bond that’s so strong…
So I wonder, in the end, will I keep asking myself, “Where did I go wrong?”
No comments:
Post a Comment